First picture in the series is captioned Soft Maple July 31 1924, Looking South from Doorway of Pump house.   These pumps were used to pump water at high pressure to the water cannons in the borrow pits which was probably sent to the central concrete batch plant and where ever river water was needed. Allis Chalmers made the electric motors driving the pumps

Home